Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rainbow Sherbet Crackle

Hello. My name is Jessica. And I am a Nail Polish Addict. There might be only three days out of every month that my nails go bare.

Right now, I'm experimenting with crackle.

I know its fall already but that's never stopped me from wearing bright colors. This look reminds me of popsicles and sherbet hence the name. The colors make me smile every time I look at them. I'm also rocking this look on my toesies.

Rainbow Sherbet Crackle


Products:
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails X-treme Wear in Sun Kissed and Fuchsia Power.
Pure Ice Crackle in Lightning Strikes.
I use whatever base coat and top coat I have on hand. I've never found a product for either that I really love.

I'm usually very finicky about how my polish looks. I have been know to finish both hands and take everything off right away because I nicked one. With crackle, I've learned to relax. I use just one coat of the base color. Normally, I use two or three to get the color really opaque. And then one coat of crackle, that doesn't have to be perfect either because it's gonna split and separate anyway.

I like the X-treme Wear because it's not very expensive and the color payoff is pretty good. I think they cost around $3. I purchased the Fuchsia Power first and it went on like a dream. I could get away with one coat. I've bought more since then including the Sun Kissed but haven't had the same results.

Pure Ice Crackle is the cheapest crackle I've seen. I don't like paying a lot for nail polish. Maybe if I wore the same color all the time and actually finished off a bottle, I would pay 7 or 8 bucks. But I don't. So when I saw the Pure Ice at Walgreen's for $3.99, I snatched it up. I got the silver and a black. The black is already goopy. I think it starts to dry out whenever I have the bottle open. The silver still goes on nicely. That's it for now. Hope you like this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment